Monday 4 January 2010

if you like pop, you'll LOVE this.

I have lots I want to blog about, lots of different music and also a project I have decided to undertake which I want to document here too. But as it's almost 2am and my bed is beckoning (not literally - that would be weird) I will leave you with this for now.

DJ Earworm is a fantastic proponent of the 'mashup' genre. He's certainly one of the best at taking two or more songs and creating a new, wonderful song from those sources. For the past few years he has created his United States of Pop tracks, in which he uses the most well-known pop songs of the year and, well, mashes them up. The results are always fantastic and this year is no exception. See how many songs you can spot...!



Yeah, it's awesome.

And just because I can, I'm going to also post the video of his incredible Annie Lennox mashup. It's just fabulous and the video is a joy to watch as well.



I KNOW.

If you want to find out the tracklists for these, or check out more of DJ Earworm's mashups, visit his site. Most, if not all, of his stuff is downloadable in mp3 format.

No comments:

Post a Comment